Greg Reichert Blog

My Blog is mainly about myself and software development in general, but mainly Visual FoxPro.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Memphis, Tennessee, United States

Thursday, October 19, 2006

A few Debugging tips

Recenting , while I was debugging a FoxPro application I discovered a few tricks.

The first trick was when attempt to write a Intellisense code. I found tha the SYS(2030) would revert to disabled when the Intellisense code is called. So, I placed in the Debugger Watch window the statement SYS(2030,1). Therefore forcing the value of the SYS() function to be Enabled with each line that is executed. This allows for the debugger to trace the intellisense code I wrote.

The second trick was having Timers on my form. When I have a object in the Watch window. And I expand it to see the properties, the Timer would fire, and the object would collapse. To solve this annoying problem I would either place the state thisform.SetAll("Enabled",.F.,"Timer") in the Watch window, or execute at the command window. This forces all the timer to turn off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home